1. What are the benefits/disadvantages of emphasizing the Shoah as a key component of Jewish identity formation?
2. Is the Shoah a more important component for Jewish identity in Israel or in the Diaspora?
3. Should the Shoah be taught as from a “universalist” perspective as a prime example of the danger of prejudice and man’s inhumanity to man, or from a “particularistic” perspective highlighting its uniqueness and its special focus on the extermination of the Jewish people?
4. At what age should Shoah education begin and what should be its content?
5. Should the Shoah be taught as a unit unto itself or integrated into other parts of the curriculum?